Entry requirements

For more information on entry requirements please click here (link)

Settlement and stay

General information - residence permit, please click the link 

Residence of EEA citizens or Swiss nationals and their family members

Please find more information about the stay here.

Residence of third country nationals

More information on residence for third-country nationals can be found here.


Workstation available

Report to your place of work immediately. When you start work, ask for a confirmation of social security registration. Your employer must take care of the social security registration.

The following applies to part-time employees, new self-employed persons and self-employed persons: Register yourself and your family members in Austria with the competent social insurance institution. You will receive a social security number and e-card

Job hunting

Are you looking for work?

Register with the regional office of the AMS within the period of time indicated in the form U1 or U2 or E301 or E303