Visa & Residence Permit

We are providing consulting services on immigration topics.

Residence permits in Austria  are always granted for a specific purpose, either to work or to study. A residence permit is usually issued by the Austrian embassy in the applicant’s country of origin. However, there are a few exceptions to this rule, like Visa D holders, family members of Austrian, EEA, and Swiss citizens, and non-EU citizens applying for a research permit.

The residence of foreigners for up to six months is subject to the Aliens Police Act (Fremdenpolizeigesetz/FPG). Depending on nationality and on the type of visa, requirements to apply for a residence permit may differ. 

A professional German translation or Apostille must accompany all documents in a foreign language. If the applicant is a minor, the application must be notarized and signed by both parents or legal guardians.

EU/EEA citizens and Swiss citizens

Residence Permits for Third-country Nationals